Before the security checks
You can do a lot to help our security checks run quickly and smoothly.
While waiting in the queue:
- Remove outerwear, including jackets
- Empty your pockets: keys, phone, wallet, coins etc can go into your hand luggage, into the pockets of your outerwear or you should place these items in a tray
- Place your computer and electronic devices in a tray
- Make sure your liquids are in a transparent, sealed 1 litre bag and that the bag is ready to be scanned on the conveyer belt/box.
- Travellers are allowed one transparent 1 litre bag of liquids each.
If prohibited goods/substances are discovered in your hand luggage, you’ll be permitted to place them into your checked-in bags.Unless, of course, these items/substances are banned from aircrafts all together. You can also choose to leave any forbidden items with friends or family who have come to see you off.
Detailed information about prohibited items in cabin baggage.
Additional information about the requirements for flight security can be found on the Civil Aviation Administration website.
Security checks are conducted by G4S Estonia
Airport security and the pre-flight security controls in Tallinn and Tartu airports are provided by the world’s leading security solutions provider G4S. G4S has extensive international experience in aviation security. They also provide services in Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands, London Heathrow Airport, Oslo Airport and Johannesburg Airport in South Africa to name just a few. G4S is the world’s largest security group, employing more than 530,000 people in 110 countries.